Prior to scheduling a televisit, please confirm that telehealth visits are covered by your insurance plan
- For telehealth visits you must have a web cam for your computer, or use a lap top (or possibly a cell phone) with a working camera.
- You must have provided the practice with an email to reach you, or be capable of using the patient portal.
- Download SKYPE and create an account in advance. You are advised to test it with friends/family first to make sure you know how to join a visit and have audio and video working.
- If audio is not working Dr. Weinstein will call your phone number on file in your chart. The video must be working to proceed with the visit.
- Five to ten minutes prior to the visit you will be contacted by staff to see where you want the visit link sent. Make sure you are already logged in to SKYPE in advance of your appointment.
- Options to receive the link are as follows:
- a. message to your athena portal account with a link to join a meeting . you will need to copy and paste this into your browser
- b. an email to the account in your athena chart with the link. the email will come from email@example.com. Please check your inbox, and if not there then your spam folder. Click on the link provided to open SKYPE.
- Dr. Weinstein will already be on the call. If you are given the option, join the meeting /accept invitation.
- After the visit we will contact you either via the portal or a call to schedule your follow up and confirm where you want the lab slip faxed.
if you received the visit link via the portal please do not close that message, as it will be used by the staff to contact you after the visit to address these issues !